Tell me about your cravings...

During pregnancy, when you have cravings, do you think about something so much you want to eat it right that second, or do you tend to gravitate towards the same kinds of foods without meaning to?

BellaMommyDsgns

Asked by BellaMommyDsgns at 10:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Each of mine were different. My son i wanted Mexican food, then i wanted like arby's, or sonic type foods. My daughter It was sweets. Oranges, candy, sweet apples, orange juice, chocolate, ice cream. Had to have it in the house cuz I just couldn't wait lol..

I have noticed that this one was alot of the same as the first. the fruits, the sweets the juice. And what do you know, another girl lol.
    Anonymous

• I was a vegetarian when i found out (had been only for a year) and i CRAVED chicken, we lived in the south so esp. bar-b-q- and rotisserie :) Also I had a month of wanting to eat PURE sugar and anything sugar-related, srsly i would go past a thing of ring pops and melt down for one. it was sad so i went to the hospital and thankfully no thyroid or diabetes was the cause, just my hormones. lol But then it led to spicy food and arby's too (as the PP above me) and it was more of a 'want' than a have the 'haves were SO forced though, I HAD to have it to eat it THEN and THERE. Turns out it was a girl.
    IndieJones

Answer by IndieJones at 11:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• With my son it was nectarines, I was eating between 1-2 lbs a day. I don't remember anything in particular with my daughter, I just remember being hungry, all the time.

Years before my son I'd been pregnant, but lost it...with that one I craved those orange circus peanuts, if anyone remembers them. I'd eat them til I actually got sick and would vomit, but just kept on eating them. The funny thing is that I always hated them before that and couldn't eat them after wards. But while pg, I just couldn't get enough of them. Strange.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• With my second daughter, I craved butterfingers like NO other. I wanted one so bad one night, that I CRIED over it. My (now ex) husband went out at 1am to get me one. He got the LAST one at the ONLY store that was open, and it was broke. I broke down into hysterics when he got back because it was broken, lol.

Other than that, with my first and third girls, I just tended to gravitate towards what I wanted without meaning to. With this pregnancy, It's soup, and cereal. Don't HAVE to have it, but it's a preference. I'm just hungry ALL the time.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Thats how I am right now, I'm grativating towards foods without meaning to. With my daughter I always wanted ramen noodle soup, which I normally hate, but I ate that for months, and I've been eating it again without really realizing it.
    BellaMommyDsgns

Answer by BellaMommyDsgns at 1:18 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i have different ones at diff times, like chinese food..or omg my worst with both pregnancies is sweets...with my daughter i wanted fried fish and mac and cheese a lot, or pizza, with my son it's a lot more random...but the consistent thing with both is sweets..particularly brownies or chocolate pudding.
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 2:41 AM on Mar. 16, 2010