First Birthday Ideas!

My sons first birthday is in May! Ive been thinking about what i want to do for months now! What did you do at your childs first party? There will be several older kids there so i dont want them to feel bored or left out...any ideas welcome! Thanks!

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did Cinderella for my girl:-p If I had a boy though I would have done Toy Story or something like that. I met a little boy the other day who was absolutely obsessed with Buzz Lightyear. He also really liked Transformers and kept showing me his Bumblebee car. He was 4 but I think Toy Story would be kinda fun for any age kids.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I did a princess theme for my daughter but I do not think that would work for your son. The older kids that came actually wanted to play with my daughters toys and not the coloring pages and things I had planned. Go figure!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:48 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My daughters birthday in August and I'm planning on getting a DJ for the adults and kids to dance. Get a jumping house for the older kids and of course don't forget the pinata.....
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 1:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i made my daughter's cake...it was a strawberry cake with that was pink and green and i put a yellow elephant on it with the icing too. The neighborhood kids came by, we had pin the tail on the donkey. we let her put her little face in the cake..she dove in head first..i was so proud, and it was so small and simple, but i've got forever memories.
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 2:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2010