Am I wrong to feel the way I do?

I'm not sure where to post this but.....

I had my DD 5 months ago, my mom and my fiances mom were SO excited. Now, my fiances mom doesn't even see my DD. She drives by the house on a daily basis, lives around the corner and NEVER sees my DD. I'm staying with my mom for a little while because she recently had a stroke and has a 2 year old DS that I help her with and I take care of the house and I have a feeling that has to do with it. She avoids talking about my family, she wasn't even going to invite my family to my baby shower, she thinks shes better than everyone else.

Am I wrong for feeling angry? I don't think my DD should have to deal with a grandma that doesn't even take 5 minutes out of the day once in a while to come say hi to her. Half of her day is free, no kids, husband at work, she goes shopping. I kind of want to just cut her out of our lives completely. I'm hurt. Am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• she is who she is. you can not change her take her for what she is and let it be. she is the one who will be missing out.
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 11:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Tell her everything you just poosted. if she's hurt, she's gone and might come back if she loves you more than herself, if she feels hurt, sympathize with her and talk it out, if she feel betrayed, ask her to try to see it from your point of view and tell her you feel betrayed. she's your 'mother' too! Best of luck!
    IndieJones

Answer by IndieJones at 11:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I think you have a right to be hurt. I agree what she is doing is wrong, I guess I just wonder why. Do you think she is jealous because you are staying with your mom? Maybe she doesn't feel comfortable just dropping in at your mom's house. I would talk to her and ask her why the behavior maybe you can come to terms you both can live with. I don't think I would cut her out of your child's life. If she truly believes that she is better than your family she will do that for you. Then you will know it is not your fault. You don't need problems with your fiance.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I would be leary if she thinks shes better than your family ...not so sure I would want my kids around her...maybe she thinks shes above all of you,I would worry about her treating my kids different than her other grandkids(if she has any) and would worry about what she may say about your family to the child when she gets older. If gramma doesnt initiate contact then I wouldnt bother with it either. You have other things to worry and stress over,she is an adult and sure isnt setting a very good example for anyone,NO ONE is better than anyone else,we are all humans,we all have skeletons in our closets,she included,this is one of them. If she has more money and thinks that makes her better,shes shallow and not in touch with reality and I wouldnt want my child to see this and think its ok to be that way. Grandparents are supposed to help you raise well rounded children, not ones who think they are better,makes for a lonely life!!
    mbc324

Answer by mbc324 at 1:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• have you called her and asked if she wants to see your child? if not, then you need to. some people dont like making the first steps like that- they are too shy, too polite, etc.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 1:43 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• The thing is she never had a problem before. She would call or come by on a regular basis but it stopped a while back while I was still living at my own place. Nothing has happened that would signal WHY she doesn't see my DD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2010