HCG levels

Ok so Friday I went to the doctor and my levels were at 273. Which this scared me cause I knew that it was low. Well then last night I had to go to the ER because of vaginal bleeding. But it wasnt normal bleeding the color of it was like maginta. Does that make any sense? Any so they checked my levels last night and they were at 1174. So to all you ladies who know about HCG levels please tell me what does this me. The doctor said they should double within a 48 hour period but this is more than doubled. Any advice would be good. Thank You!!

confusedgirl919

Asked by confusedgirl919 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like things are fine. Double is a rough estimate, not an exact science, and that's roughly doubling each day, if it was 48 hours. Did they say anything about what the bleeding was? I can definitely understand your concern, but as long as your hCG levels keep doubling (remember, not exact!), you should be fine. It's too soon, based on your levels, for an ultrasound, so you just have to trust nature for now. Good luck! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• thank you so much!!! i felt really good when the levels went up and yes im pretty sure that they are going to do an ultrasound tomorrow. atleast that is what the ER doctor wanted but the hospital that i went to did have a person to do ultra sounds during the night.
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Sounds great to me! I had my HCG levels tested with my 3rd baby, and within 24 hours they didn't even completely double, and I went on to have a healthy pregnancy and baby. It varies with every woman!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:00 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:43 AM on Mar. 16, 2010