A spin off of the "gay" question posted earlier

Do people CHOOSE to be left handed or are they just born that way? I mean they have two choices. You're either right handed or left handed. So...do they just choose or is it just something they're born with?

Yes this is a sarcastic question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My science teacher in 7th grade was born left handed, his parents forced him to write with his right hand. He said it caused him severe emotional turmoil.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Hmm sounds familiar.
    Anonymous

• HAHAHHAH
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Oh jeez....some people are more of a right-brained type, and some are more of a left-brained type. That's why they're either right or left handed. A person's sexuality is something completely different.

Why is it then, that it's so many people who were sexually abused, or who had a crappy family life as a child, or who's parents were just terrible examples, they're the ones who end up gay? Why is it that homosexuality always stems from some type of childhood or teenage bad experience? In the early nineties, a study was done that proved homosexuality was a mental disorder. Hate me for saying that all you want, but the study was done, and then then banned because it offended the gay community.

I tend to avoid gay questions altogether, but good grief. This argument gets so tired. I don't even dislike gay people. I just get so sick of having a finger pointed in my face because I won't buy into the progressive viewpoint.
    Anonymous

• Umm it was sarcasm. A joke. Take 25 cents and go buy yourself a personality. Jeesh!
    Anonymous

• In the early nineties, a study was done that proved homosexuality was a mental disorder.

That was the nineties. THis is the 21st century now. Catch up!
    Anonymous

• I once read a study, several years ago, where they found that left-handedness is a mental disorder, caused by abuse, or neglect, or heck even just plain old bad parenting. Don't bother looking for the study, it offended those who are left handed and yet hadn't been abused, neglected and had loving and caring parents, so THEY banned it. Now, I'm not saying that I hate left handed people, but c'mon do they really deserve the same rights as us normal, right-handed folks?
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• OMG, OMG, OMG

My son is left-handed. What did I do wrong? How have I failed him? What can I do to fix this?

Oh wait, I'm a liberal, progressive, atheist, so I'm just going to accept him as he is, love him unconditionally, and fight for his right to be treated fairly.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Oh, I tried and tried to be more sinister...but dagummet, I was born dextural, and dextural I am.

And Anon :26, Site sources, please, for your crazy claims. I know plenty of LGBT folk who had happy childhoods, and the ones who were abused in childhood...were abused BECAUSE they were gay.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• LOL!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2010