Grandsons diaper leaks in the front, any ideas?

My grandson is almost 4 months old. He has learned to turn onto his tummy when sleeping. His diaper leaks in the front and his onesie is all wet in the morning. He gets a new diaper put on right before he goes to bed for the night. Sleeps from about 10pm to 8am. My daughter uses Huggies diapers, so it's not a case of cheap diapers. She uses these because they have the cut out area to fit around the inner leg in the crotch area, so they fit better. Any ideas other than maybe try a different brand diaper?

pegleg63

Asked by pegleg63 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you could try another brand, or change him during the night. You could always get the "New kind" of cloth diapers... that have a plastic outside and velcro just like disposable... put it over the diaper or just use it alone. :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• flip the top part under a little bit. It may help. or she just may have to change him in the middle of the night. also make sure his penis is pointed down when the diaper goes on. I didn't know that when I had my first son(what can I say I was too tired to think,lol.
    Anonymous

• another trick I have done is use the next size up in diapers at night. and back to the other durring the day
    Anonymous

• I would also say try a size up at night. I had this problem with my DD until I changed the diaper size.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Make sure his penis is pointed down when you put the diaper on.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Unfortunatly, that comes with tummy sleepers at times. The pressure on the diaper when peeing in the front while sleeping on the tummy can cause for wet pjs in the morning. What we found that worked great for us was to just go up a size (some find it can cause more leaks). We also found a diaper that held more fluid for night time. I think it was by pampers.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I had that problem with Huggies, whenever my daughter wore Huggies I went a size up. I switched her Pamper's Baby Dry and they work great, she can wear her true size and she is very comfy in them. She is crawling and starting to walk and she still doesn't leak, even when she sleeps at night they don't leak. She sleeps a straight 10 hours most nights.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Sadly I have found that cheaper diapers work better than huggies or pampers. I buy diapers for at night at dollar general(their brand) because my son sleeps from about 5 pm to 7 am and doesn't end up in soaking clothes in the morning even though the diaper is soak on the inside. With pampers he would wake up after 4 to 5 hours with not only his diaper soaked but his clothes soaked too. I don't buy huggies because they are smaller than other brands and he has to wear a bigger size with them.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• was his pee pee down?? i had it up a couple times without realizing and he'ld do that.. so i keep my eyes on focusing it's down and not up
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 1:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I agree with several things...
    The Luvs hold more then huggies and make sure his little penis is pointed down. :) Otherwise he pees right up and out.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2010