What do I do?

My dd won't sleep by herself and cry it out doesn't work she just screams bloody murder until you go get her. Can you ladies give me some advice? I'm at my wits end I need sleep. She used to sleep great by herself. Help me.

sopheeahsmommy

Asked by sopheeahsmommy at 11:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can try
    The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night by Elizabeth Pantley and William Sears
    Anonymous

• How long do you let her cry? I started just leaving my daughter for 5 mins, then I'd go check on her, but didn't pick her up, just patted her back or sang to her, and then I would leave for 10 mins and would just stick to that. You just can't pick her up. It killed me to do it but my fiance made me and it paid off in the end. If she slept well by herself before though, maybe she's teething or something. How old is she?
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I cosleep, safely with a sidecar arrangment (though right now she sleeps in my armpit for milk access). We ALL get sleep and we breastfeed and bond at the same time. I don't even have to get up fully to do a diaper change as I have all the supplies right there.

http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/index.htm

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Anonymous
    I have heard of that and my local library has it. Maybe I will go check it out.

* AutumnsMom31309
    I let her cry for at least a half hour just going in to make sure she isn't hurt. (She beats her head off of her crib rail so that mommy will come back) She is a almost a year old. I don't pick her up or anything. I just give her binky back to her and turn her music on and walk away.

* amileegirl
    Thank you for the advice but I really want her in her own room not sleeping with me. Which happens to be my problem. She doesn't wake up in the middle of the night she just doesn't go to sleep. When I try to lay her down she wakes up.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 9:37 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Do you wait until she is in a DEEP sleep before you put her down? Babies have much shorter sleep cyles than adults do. If you put them down in light sleep, they wake. Look for limp limbs, steady breathing, and be sure that the matress cover isn't icy cold because that would wake even the best of us up.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I make sure she is pretty passed out before I put her to bed. and I keep her cover on her mattress all day so that its not too cold.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 7:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2010