gas drops for newborn??? new help!

Is it ok to give mylicon gas drops to a 4 day old baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, they give it to newborns at the hospital. call the nursery they'll tell u it's okay
    Anonymous

• If your Doctor's office doesn't have an after hours phone line for you to ask, then try calling a pharmacy. Its been so long since my kids were that little, but when ever I have been in doubt about a medicine I always call our local pharmacist if I can't get a hold of our Doctor.

Our local hospital has a "ask a nurse" line as well. You may be able to get advice from them too if you call the ER and ask if you can speak to a nurse.

Good Luck!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Oh yeah! Duh!! Like anon said, you should be able to call the nursery at the hospital and skip calling the ER nurse. (see, it has been a long time since I had a newborn!)

Again... Good luck!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Yea... though I've heard the don't do much more than water.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Yes, I gave it to my son when he was one week old. The doctor said it was fine. It helped him a little. I hope it works for you. Good Luck!
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 12:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Yes, you can. I used the Mylicon gas drops. Like one of the other posters said, call the pharmacy. The pharmacist is a great resource on anything with medicine. I actually call up there or ask them my question when I go there before I call my doctor sometimes (for myself, not for my child...I call her doctor then). I do not do it often, but they have helped me out in the past.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Yes. the instructions are on the bottle. However, make sure you do NOT put the dropper back into the bottle after you put it in your babies mouth OR wash it, until it is COMPLETELY dry. You can contaminate the medication and make the baby sick, and it seems like such a natural thing to just pop it into the bottle and screw it on>>>>
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• As the previous posters have stated. Ahem, Yes. Your find mom. Congrats on the baby, good luck
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 1:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I did give my baby drops for gas. its safe for them cause it says so in the box
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 1:23 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• yes my daughters been usen it sence day 4. they told me to
    bobowazhere

Answer by bobowazhere at 2:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2010