Is your 8yr. old sleeping in your bed?

Mine does every other day becaause when she was little she wouldn't wind down so we got fed up and let her in our bed.We have a luxurious bed and hers is not.We bought her a new bed like ours and it's helping but I'm still having bedtime wars.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yep mine too... but as a single mom with a king size bed, it doesn't matter (or bother) me.
    Anonymous

• Not anymore he tries to sometimes but I sleep on a couch right now so there is no room.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:46 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My boys have only come back to my bed at that age when they are sick, we have a power outage, or something happens in the middle of the night. I have once or twice let all 3 come in to the bed when DH was going to be at work all night. Otherwise my boys moved to their own bed by age 3, my DD however is 5 and loves my bed, she has a brand new bed in her room and will sleep in it but prefers to cuddle with us and we dont mind shes the baby so we allow it. Right now she is in her bed but i am sure in a few hours she will end up in mine, she started out in her own queen size bed at age 2 and did great most nights, I found that she had to have the same kind of sheets we did and she did better.

I imagine by age 8 she will be in her bed full time.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Nope. I've never allowed any of my kids to sleep in my bed. They have their own beds for a reason. Besides there is no room in my bed. It's only a twin.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:10 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• No, but my 6-year-old does whenever I let him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• No, my kids have always slept in their own beds since they came home from the hospital. My bed is for me and my husband.

Answer by missanc at 1:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Sometimes. She loves to sleep with me but more than half the time i make her sleep in her room so I can get a good nights sleep!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:15 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My 7 year old has slept with me since the day she was born up until about a month and a half ago. I bought her and her sister (3 yrs old) new beds with new comforters and all. My 7 year old has no problems sleeping in her bed. Its the three year old im having a rough time with.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 4:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2010