Can you hear it???

can you hear the heartbeat at 7 weeks??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Depending on how strong the fetal monitor is and where/how baby is laying. The heart is beating within 18 days of conception, so it is possible to hear but it is soft so it all depends on baby.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I had an ultrasound at 6w6d and although baby didn't quite resemble a baby yet, we clearly heard the heartbeat and saw the flicker on the screen, so yes it's possible.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I saw it rather than heard it at 7 weeks. I had an ultrasound at that time, although I can't remember why I didn't hear it. Seeing it, though, was amazing! I bought a home fetal monitor and was able to hear the hearbeat at 12 weeks. I think my uterus was still too low and I was checking in the wrong spot. Anyhow, by 12 weeks, it was where I was looking. It was a lot of fun to check!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Not usually but sometimes. I didn't with my first or third but did with my second.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:40 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I heard the HB via Ultrasound at weeks exactly. My uterus is tilted, so I can't even hear it on a doppler, no matter how strong, until after 10 weeks.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• heh....that was supposed to say at SIX weeks exactly. Stupid lap top.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I heard my daughters at 5 weeks and my son's at 7 via intervaginal ultra sound.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• yup we hear our lil one at 7.5 weeks had a strong heartbeat as well
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2010