What religon would I be ?

This is a real question ( I am also the one who poasted asking about the differences)

I always thought that I was a Christian because that is how I was raised ( to believe that Jesus is the son of God and he died on the cross for our sins) ... But there is alot of things that I see and hear of Christian people doing/believing that I dont agree with....

Like I dont think being gay is a sin ...

I dont go to church right now ( it is way to hard with 2 screaming kids...) and I just feel that I dont have to go to church to believe in God...

I believe in God and in heaven and hell ( but I believe you have to be SERIOUSLY bad to go to hell) ....

I think the woman can be the head of the household, and that sex is OK ( not ideal) before marriage....

I am just confused

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Um. there is none. Sorry. BTW. Dont do mormon and dont do catholic. maybe Nazarene.....or even Lutheran..... i was baptized at 8 mos lutheran and we go *sometimes* to a nazarene church and ur similar to me si i say try all the chruches in your area for 2 weeks EACH MIN and take it form there.....
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 12:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I would just call you an open-minded Christian...you hold onto the basic beliefs that make your religion meaningful, but are open to the realization that as times change, so must some beliefs
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 12:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• you sound like you don't need a religion. believe what you want to believe. though if i had to pick one i'd say unitarian universalist
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• According to Scripture you are confused, Romans 10:2, 3 says that some have a zeal but not according to accurate knowledge.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Fornication: Sex before marriage, adultery, bestiality, incest, and homosexuality are all serious sins against God. (Leviticus 18:6; Romans 1:26, 27; 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10) If a couple are not married but are living together, they should separate or else get legally married.—Hebrews 13:4.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I believe in God but I believe in psychics and the paranormal. christians say its of the devil. I am for Gay rights and so on. I don't belong to any group or church. I just say I believe in God if people ask and that's it. A denomination is too confined. churches judge and have expectations of you. Just believe whatever you want without judgement. You don't need a label.
    lich663

Answer by lich663 at 12:40 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I would still consider you a Christian. I believe Jesus was the son of God. I do believe being gay is a sin and that sex before marriage is a sin too. I have done the sex before marriage thing though. I as well have not attended church in over 7 months...because I had my son and I as well feel that going to church every Sunday does not significantly impact whether or not you get into heaven.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Well a true Christian believes gay marriage is wrong because it's between a man and a women, Genesis the first chapter of the Bible starts off with the story, but society has made it seem to be okay when really it's kind of perverted and is not appropriate weather we have loved ones who are we love them so we tend to want to except it even when it's not the right way. I don't bash people, because I am a Christian I love all, but personal opinions and feelings can take control of your belief. Sex before marriage is wrong because of how it makes a person feel once married, it kind of ruined me I am not proud of My past Mistakes at all! I only love My Husband and NO EX! Could EVER compare to that. But that's why. You don't have to go to church to be a Christian we don't judge, It took me years before I started to go back. I go now and love it. :) and to believe does mean that your a believer.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• But maybe you should consider what's right and what would be considered wrong because it's not the right way, just preference. we never have to hate someone for something they choose, but don't except something if you wouldn't do it yourself. You know what I mean. And by the way a man could kill 60 people, and still make it to Heaven only through forgiveness and only the Lord could Judge. It's all about the enemy not really a person's soul in the first place. It's took me a long, long time to forgive some people, and finally now I forgive much more and better because I have the Lord living in me, and really am not scared of anything, anyone! Not anymore. I have became so brave that I am honored and thrilled. I work with those who have been in prison and have past records but I learned that a person can forgive and change their lives around.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• A women could be the one in charge of the household if she wanted, does it still make it right? Not really only because if you are going to refer to the bible man are first! We were given to Man from God, Adam needed a companion so He was given a women who He shall feel no shame with. By the way just so you know! before I was truly a real!! Christian or at least was learning right from wrong, I looked up porn, I went to man parties and got drunk, had sex before marriage many times, which is why some of My friends were upset with me calling myself a Christian when I wasn't doing Christian things, and I would hang out with gay's but not because I accepted them just because I love people and want to help those make better choices, you know Jesus didn't only hang around those who were all Christians but the Nonbelievers and sinners also, we all sin,and are sinners Jesus died for us.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2010