Is anyone else grossed out by putting clean clothes in a basket that dirty clothes were in?

Accidentally left my clean whites in the washer and I went in to get them and MIL was sticking them in one of her baskets. Like I want my clean socks in the same basket her dirty underwear was in? Yuck! Now I've gotta rewash them! Is this gross to anyone else or am I just a weirdo?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Its odd if its your own basket, but NOT if its someone elses! I might not go so far as rewashing but that is pretty gross.....
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 12:32 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• ehh, i never really thought about that. i dont think it weird now that you pointed it out, but im not going to change my ways. lol
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:40 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• yea. if it was my mil same goes for my mom tho, id actually ask if it was used for clean or not. if they were dirty, id probrably rewash too..........
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 12:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I try really hard to keep baksets for clean and baskets for dirty but most days i am lucky if the kids bring their basket of dirty down to be washed and when they do i am normally in a rush so the clean clothes go back into the empty basket. I normally use a towel to wipe down the basket really quick before putting the clothes back in.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:55 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• It wouldn't phase me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• well i just thought about this the other day accually!!!, but i'm not sure how much of the dirt or bateria accually sticks to the inside of a laungry basket.
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 1:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I have always had seperate baskets. Its common sense. My dirty hampers are tall and thin and my clean baskest are short and wide.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:00 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• No, but I don't do it.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• That's why i have two baskets
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• She must have some pretty dirty underwear! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2010