Why do people care so much if others are gay?

I'm not gay myself but I know many people who are. My question is why do people think they have the right to say whether others can be gay or not? Why does anyone care? No one cares that I am straight, why care that my friend is gay?

If you think it is wrong then that is what you think, but do you have to bash them? Do you bash everyone who does anything you consider wrong? Do you say something if you think a girl is dressed like a slut or the mom with the screaming kid in the store is doing something wrong?

Why should those of us who aren't gay have the right to dictate the lives of those who are?

Sorry for the rant, just needed to get that out..

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 12:39 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• because it's human nature to look down on ppl and want to feel superior and to judge...but christianity teaches against all of that so they justify it and fill their needs to do that by misinterpreting the bible so they can fill that need on one group of ppl
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I don't have a problem with gay people. I have a gay cousin and he is the most hilarious and fun person ever! I do think being gay is wrong and is sinful, but not significantly more sinful than anything else that would be considered a sin. I think my cousin was born gay, so I don't know how much control he really had over that. If someone is gay, that is their own life and I don't care at all about it honestly.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I dont really care. being bisexual myself i cant! LOL. but before i realized that i still didnt. its their business. its normal for a man to stare at a woman ass or wolf whistle and joke with his buddies about hitting that.....same with girls! Its normal for girls say mmmMMmmm, he is FIne....but if a guy looks at another guy its a sin for most people. and THATS what i find sick, the double standard.......its totally unfair but most people do it. i gratefull have the option to say hey, no he/she isnt or yea, he/she is! (but im just lucky like that) lol
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 12:49 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I have no problem with gays. I did have a lesbian try to turn me out once, didn't go very well on her end but other than that, I'm fine with whatever your sexuality is.
    I think really feminine gay guys are great. Fun to shop with and talk too.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I don't understand it at all! I don't see why sexuality should even be mentioned!
    Why does it matter who my Doctor finds attractive? Why does it matter who the American Idol contestant finds attractive? Why does it matter?
    I don't go around telling everyone I am attracted Hispanic men. Why does it matter to anyone else who I am sexually attracted to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I'm bisexual myself and have a female lover. I get some crap from people sometimes but I love my life, so I don't pay any attention to them.
    NicholeR2121

Answer by NicholeR2121 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• well what I hear the most is that they dont want them hitting on them ( like trying to change the straight person gay) ...and it is usually a completely ugly, boring, small minded person that most straight people wouldnt even want lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:01 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Well, there's a theory that deeply homophobic people are actually gay themselves. I believe it, why else would you care so damn much? They're jealous!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:46 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• danielp, I totally agree with you. I know people who have posed as homophobs because they were in denial.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• It doesn't matter to me if you are gay or straight. I agree with the poster. Why should anyone care? I think its wrong they want to make it illegal for gays to get married. So what if they do? They are people just like we are. I personally think they are cool. Course the one thing I have wanted to know is "why do all the gay men have to be hot?" LOL It's their life, let them live it the way they want to.
    CountryMom357

Answer by CountryMom357 at 2:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2010