He says I am being selfish

My and my husband have been together for almost 10 years , we have 2 children ... Until our youngest started school I stayed home with them and he was the main breadwinner --although most of the time I did take care of other kids for extra money... Since I stayed at home, I did all the cooking, cleaning and taking care of the kids, which was fine because I felt that was my job and I loved it. When they went to school I started a career and now I make more than my husband ever did -- Together we made a good bit of money and it was nice to not have to worry about money...Well he decided to just quit because he didnt like his job anymore. Honestly I was pissed, because he had no other job, and really didnt talk to me about it, just quit. I want him to be happy, and I really wouldnt care that much if he atleast did something around the house now . I work all day, then I have to pick up the kids * continued*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• from school, come home and clean, and cook supper ( after I go to the store) ... He is online or sleeping all day !! Not to mention I found out he is chatting with women !

He says I am being selfish because I relied on him to make a living while I stayed home all day -- but the point is, I wasnt online all day after waking up at noon. I took very good care of the house and kids...

I think its unfair I have to work and do all of the house work as well.

The man i fell in love with was a hard worker, and a family man and now he has turned into a lazy slob !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• you're not selfish.. you made sure the house is up and running and the kids are fed, cleaned, and happy as well has keeping the house in order.. now that HE doesn't have a job, he should do this.. it's only fair
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 1:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Wow...that sucks~! That boy needs to step up to the plate! Unbelievable! (((HUGS)))
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:10 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• It sounds like he may be depressed. Which, if after not working for 5 years or so you went out and got a job and you are now making more money than he was, is kind of understandable. Talk to him. See if maybe he could do some kind of counseling either as a couple or just him. My boyfriend got this way. He was depressed and after talking about it he has gotten better.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 1:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My ex-husband did this to me a LOT! We agreed in the beginning that I would be a sahm, but anytime I got a part-time job he would up and quit his job or get himself fired, and he wouldn't look for another. I got sick of it really fast. You need to put your foot up his ass or this is going to become a pattern with him. The difference between you staying home and your DH staying home is that you were taking care of the children and keeping the housework done. If your kids are in school, there isn't a reason (that I can see) that he needs to be at home during the day. If he can't see reason, and your job is paying the bills, tell him he should get a job that could be the "blowing money" or money to put into savings for a nice vacation during the summer, or Christmas money or something. There's no harm in having a little extra money, especially with how difficult it is for most people to find a job right now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2010