Literally rewriting history books to lean to the right?

Before you read it, I must warn you that the article itself definitely leans to the left. lol. But the information in it should be shocking to people of either party. Where do we get off hiding our nation's history and only including what we want in classes that are mandatory for our children to attend???
I don't want my child's history book to be written in conservative candy coating or liberal word vomit but this is crossing the line and seems to be the complete opposite of everything conservatives stand for?
This is the opposite of patriotism.

I am not defending the books as they are written now. They certainly do not provide our children with the info they need or with the truth. This is too much!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1253#mwpphu-container

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw that! My husband maintains that history was skewed when they wrote it. But I disagree. I feel as though rewriting history sets a dangerous precedent. :( NOT happy about this.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• It's not really "leaning to the right." It's including the TRUTH about the religious aspects of the founding fathers.

Liberals would like to do away with info about the founding fathers all together so I think we got the better end of the deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• If "leaning to the right" makes history TRUTHFUL, then I'm all for it!!!

Just look at what rewriting history has produced...graduates who have NO CLUE that socialism/communism is on the horizon with this administration at the helm! What the Obama Administration has been proposing with their progressive agenda has been tried and FAILED in every other country that attempted it--that's why those countries have adopted CAPITALISM--because it WORKS--(pun intended!)

Teachers should be teaching what ACTUALLY happened--the good, the bad, and the ugly, and leave personal agendas out of the classroom!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

Yeah I bet you are.This is ridiculous , leaving out Latino heritage talking about country music. Leaning to the right makes it the opposite of truth! Leaning to the right makes it bigoted, racist and narrow minded!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Yes, they are cutting a lot of Thomas Jefferson because he DARED to talk about the seperation of church and state....yet he did give us another , some would say rather importnat, documnt THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE! Why would you CUT him???

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:52 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Where do we get off hiding our nation's history and only including what we want in classes that are mandatory for our children to attend???

Ask the liberals that. They have been doing that for a few years. I am not a religious nut but I do know history and what they are doing is getting back to facts.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:03 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Teachers should be teaching what ACTUALLY happened--the good, the bad, and the ugly, and leave personal agendas out of the classroom!

I agree with the above comment from LoriKeet. Just teach our children the TRUTH.
    Sweet_Faith

Answer by Sweet_Faith at 8:54 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Last time I checked every history book has different things in it. They hide A LOT> If you want your kids to know real history then learn it and teach it to them. I can tell you that a lot of what I learned at different schools completely contradicted other history books. This is nothing new. There are also things in history that EVERYONE tries to cover up and change to make it fit the way they think it should.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:55 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You have a problem with the TRUTH?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

Yep,and for years now it has been left leaning,in some areas more then just a lean.Did any of you ladies who are liberals or left leaning complain then? Maybe some of you did I don't know just wondering.Did you complain about the teacher's especially professor's constantly adding in their opinion's as if it was a real part of history? I think for the most part what TX has done is a positive thing.They have added truth's back in the books.Hubby and I have been focusing more on teaching our kids as Lori put it..the good,bad,and the ugly ourselves over the last several years.Honestly,imo that is the best way to go..be sure to know what your kids are learning..know what you have learned .figure out what is real through research..so that you can help your kids yourself.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2010