Turn off the damn light!!!

Okay, here it is. I had the tinest body before I had kids. I mean tiny. I wore a size 1. It kills me now not to be the size that I want to be. I'm trying to lose the weight and I feel like i'm on a hamster wheel, ya know. Well DH comes home and wants to do the horizontal tango with the lights one. The HELL you do! Turn that damn light off. We argue and argue over this. He says, " I love you, i wanna see you".. Well hun thats great but um i dont wanna c me lol. Am I wrong to ask just to have the lights off. Not every time, but some times?

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 2:12 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• You're not wrong, he can't expect you to relax and enjoy the sex if you're not comfortable.

Candles are a nice compromise, I hate lights on sex but my hubby could care less as long as he's getting some booty:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My husband is the same exact way he wants to see it all lol but I on the other hand always want the lights off. Im sure allot of us girls are like that cause men dont care what they look like lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• LOL my dh loves lights on but knows even in my glory days at a size 5 I hated the lights on, he is sweet about it we have a night light and he lights candles instead, that i can deal with. For me it isnt so much about how my body looks as it is the glare of the light just kills the mood for me. We also have sex during the day so our room is bright and sunny no hiding there and that never bothers me.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i agree....lights depend on the person...if ur not comfy...next time u seduce hubby with a romantic candle light vigil...this way u both win...he gets the lumination while u can finally enjoy the sensation lol...
    CarlysCorner

Answer by CarlysCorner at 2:53 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I've gained a lot of weight too over the last 7 years and 3 kids with my hubby. But he's my hubby and I am really comfortable with him. He has always made me feel perfect so the lights aren't an issue at all.
    Have you tried lighting just one candle perhaps so he can have his light but you still have your semi-darkness that you like?
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:00 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I agree. Candles seem like a really good compromise. My SO loves it when I turn the lights on and will even ask me to turn them on cuz he wants to see me. I enjoy the fact that he doesn't care about the way my body looks after having two kids even tho I bounced back pretty well. We'll also put the tv on so we have some light but it's not very bright. Nothing worse than getting used to darkness then making the room brighter than your eyes can hadle after adjusting to the dark.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 10:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2010