has anyone tried to concieve while breastfeeding , and if so how long did it take?

babygoins09

Asked by babygoins09 at 2:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• We tried for three months before I got pregnant when I was breastfeeding. With our other two kids it happened the first month with each of them. My cycles were wacky when I was nursing my second baby, they were any where from 26 days- 42 days long, so it was hard to know when I was ovulating. We ended up having sex everyday, so we could be sure it made it the right day.
    Have fun!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• We started trying in June and didnt get pregnant until around halloween. My 2 previous babies were concieved quickly (within weeks of trying) so it was a bit frustrating. My period had also just started back up a month or so before we starting trying again. I breastfeed till i was about 3 months along then my son self weaned so i got a 6 month break and then was back at it for another 3 years :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• well we weren't trying, but my daughter was six months old, trust me..whether your breastfeeding or not..you can get pregnant, breastfeeding is not birth control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I was breastfeeding my first daughter when I got pregnant with my second. It took about a month, if that, of TTC. It happened pretty quickly. I never wound up getting my period back so it was total luck because I had no clue when I was ovulating! I breastfed my first until I was about five months pregnant, then she weaned herself.
    aefranc

Answer by aefranc at 10:03 AM on Mar. 16, 2010