Discharge ?

this last month, i realized i didn't really have my normal discharge like i usually do.. can you ovulate and still not have the mucus discharge that is a sign?? I think i noticed only having the mucus once after my last period on 2/20. Usually *TMI maybe* i will have so much discharge sometimes that it feels like i started my period, yet its just the discharge.. So for not really having any this month it was a little different for me.. Specially after reading around and seeing that you can tell from the discharge that is streatchy that you are ovulationg.. When i think about it now, i can think of times where i realized it was streatchy and didn't know that it ment ovulating.. now that i know it does i feel like im not going to notice it anymore..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Well there's a couple things that could be happening. Some ppl (like me ) have to check internally to know they're getting the fertile CM. So if you wait for it to make an appearance outwardly...you may just not have seen it. Or you could have ovulated late, so when you were expecting it, it didnt show. Or some ppl can have anovulatory cycles (dont ovulate). I combine CM with CP and BBT to check when I'm ovulating. I've O'd as late as CD 21 before!! Now, its not only stretchy but clear like eggwhites. Some ppl confuse semen and vaginal fluids (like when you're aroused) with EWCM. If you decide to check internally, make sure your fingers are clean and kinda scoop by the opening of your cervix. Then you can pull your fingers apart and see what it looks like. I'll bet you notice it more now that you know what to look for!! GL momma!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i know i said a lot but i forgot to add, you can still O without the discharge, just make sure you BD often to make sure there is sperm ready to meet the egg that is released, since sperm wont survive as long without the fertile cm (also you have a better chance of a girl that way!)
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2010