Did you know that smoking pot while pregnant could land you in jail with felony charges?

I never knew this before. This is from americanpregnancy.org

"In 2004, Texas made it a felony to smoke marijuana while pregnant, resulting in a prison sentence of 2-20 years"

What are your thoughts on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• DUH
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• PP...I was not implying that it's a good idea to smoke pot or that I never knew it was bad to smoke pot I just never realized that you could be put in jail with felony charges for doing it spacially while pregnant.

The jail sentence is longer that if someone was just caught smoking pot while not pregnant. I'm not complaining. I think it's great but I'm wondering what other's think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I think it's great, I hope the sentence gets longer the more serious drugs they are caught doing. 2 years for pot, 5 years for meth... sounds good to me, I have no sympathy for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Great, common sense rules!
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 6:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• there are states with cocaine mom laws. where if a dr suspects you are using, tests you and you are positive, you can be forced in to treatment OR even jail while you are pregnant. to protect the baby
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Great!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• That's just in Texas & prolly some other states. Not all. I know my cousin did spaciously her whole pregnancy up until her 8 th month, mainly b/c if the baby tested positive for marijuana then CPS gets involved. I never smoked while pregnant or breastfeeding though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• If they're going to do that for weed they need to do the same with cigarettes. They are just as harmful if not more for the baby as weed is.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 9:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My sister had marijauna in her system while she was pregnant..she never thought it could do any harm to the unborn baby and she kept on smoking. When she delivered the baby, she was shocked when they wouldnt let her take her home. They released her, but not the baby. Her boyfriends mom had to sign papers to take custody and they have had social services involved ever since. They finally let her have the baby in her house, but they would come to her home once a week and do a total house sweep and she had to take a drug test once a week. I just don't understand how anyone could think any amount or any type of drug is okay to take while pregant.If you want to put it in your own body and hurt yourself..go for it, but don't do it to the innocent that has no choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Mar. 16, 2010