please i'd like for you to share personal stories from loss of a pet.

I have a journal about mine. I have a rottweiler who is almost two years old. She had a playmate that was a lasapoo...looked just like the ceasar dog food dog. He had a very strong personality..kinda big and bad but was such a sweet gentle soul. He loved my 14 year old daughter very much and would play tug of war with her. He would do it so very gentle like he knew she's a baby. Well things happened and i ended up coming out of state taking my daughter and the rottweiler with me and leaving the small dog, cisco, at home with my hubby so he wouldn't get lonely. One day he irresponsibly let cisco outside and cisco like he would do if left alone would run away somewhere, and ran off and my hubby had to go to work, left and didn't get home til 1 am, to find out cisco was dead. At first it was thought to be he had gotten hit...which i could be more at peace with than what accually happened. It turns out to be continued..

oogiesmommy

Asked by oogiesmommy at 2:54 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Pets

• that our neighbors pitbull got off his "runner" which to be honest, i'd never seen their dogs on the chain, they were lose and these people had only lived in the neighborhood for about a week or two when i left and already their dogs had gotten a neighbors cat, so i was deathly afraid for cisco to be outside by himself, but my hubby was supposed to be taking care of him to protect him..well to make matters worse..two days prior to my dog being murdered, i was going to come down and get him or we considered finding him a home...either way my hubby figured he didn't have time. Anyways...come to find out my dog was murdered...mauled and it later came out that he was accually in two peices. This happened about a month ago and i'm not crying anymore, all i can picture is him in two peices and i'm having a hard time sleeping, i pray that he did not suffer as he was the best dog ever
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 2:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i mean, he didnt' have to die and not like that. i've not unleashed the extent of how pissed i still am at my hubby, because i know he was sad about it too..but i blame him. he should have walked cisco and then put him in his kennel. He died a horrible death and didnt deserve that at all...i keep thinking was he scared, did he hurt..was it slow..was it quick, it eats me up..i dont care that he was just a dog..or that i had him for about 5 months before he died...he was my dog, my friend, and a little peice of my heart...and he was my daughters pal and my rotties pal and now he's gone forever over stupidity....anyone ever experience a tragic loss of a beloved pet?
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 3:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I had a cockatiel named Kia. Sweetest bird. Rarely ever in her cage cuz she always wanted t be held. She sleep in my bed on my pillow and never had an accident. She would sit on my brothers cars while he raced them down the street. Fast and furious birdie lol. And she'd never fly away. We even took her to the store with us and she'd just handout in my brother hood while we shopped. Anyway, I told my mom about the cat lady that had moved in. I have nothing against cats or ppl who own them, I used to own a few. But this lady had well over 15 and they were all over the place. My brother and I left to go to Maryland to spend time with my dad. My mom calls me to let me know she "accidentally" left the door open and when she came home 4 cats were in the house. There was blood on the floor, feathers and peices if my bird. I still miss my birdie.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Well, in the past 7 years, I have lost 6 of mine.

The first was my 16 year old, Golden Retriever, Zippy. I had adopted her when i was 15 years old and she 6 years old. That dog was my Shadow and went everyhere with me, even to work. When my daughter was born Zippys health started doing down hill but nothing major until my daughter was 5 months old. We discovered she had a brain tumor so I had to make the decision to put her to sleep on May 8th 2001.

The second was my cat, Dusty. He had been my buddy, since i was 12 years old. My brothers cat had gotten pregnant at 5 months and gave birth to 4 kittens under my parents bed which i found. He was such a cool cat so good with everybody especially kids. He was even at my wedding(I got married at my parents house). He was so much like a dog that he liked to ride in the car. Anyway, on December 8th 2004, we were in the living room and he bit my daughter
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Aww, I am truly sorry for your loss.I had a siamese cat named Simon for 6 years. I loved this cat and so did my son. He was the most laid back cool cat I had ever had. Sometimes he would sneak out of the house when someone opened the screen door. Well,he did this once and I could not find him for 2 weeks. I went to the kennels,walked the neighborhood calling for him.Finally my neighbor came to tell me they found my cat but didn't want to tell me but felt they finally had to. My cat had been ripped open by a raccoon and was found on my tree lawn.I just know he was hurt and trying to make his way home so I could take care of him, but he never made it. I never told my son what happened...he would never get over it if I did.I had nightmares about it, I am deathly afraid of raccoons now and I miss that cat terribly. My son still wonders where he is,I tell him he must have found a new good home to live at.The truth is awful.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• after she pressed on his belly. I knew something was wrong because he had always been so patient with kida and had never bitten anybody. I made appointment with the vet that day and she discovered that he had a tumor, intestinal lymphomia. He had bitten my daughter because it was so painful( did not break the skin). I was not expecting to have to say good-bye so suddenly but i let him go that day because i could not let him suffer.

4 months later, Dusty's Mama, Abby went blind in one eye. After taking her to the vet and then to a eye specialist we discover she had a tumor growing in that eye. It was a very aggressive melenoma and had we caught it in time we could have had the eye removed, she would have been fine but it had spread through out her body. We took her home to say our good-byes and she went down hill fast. A week later we had to have her put to sleep. March 31st 2005
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Two months after we lost my dog Zippy, we adopted an 8 year old Australian Shepherd. Nick was awesome and helped heal my broken heart. I was devistated over losing Zippy. He was amazing with my daughter, I could not have asked for a better friend for her. He was so patient and she could even walk him whenshe was a toddler, he would stay by her side but would stop if they got to far ahead. When my daughter was 4 years old, I woke one morning and found that Nick had passed away. He was 12 years old but had not shown any signs of being sick. He acted and looked like a young dog. The vet said when animals dies suddenly like this it is typically due to an undetectable congental heart defect. That was so hard trying to explain to Kylie why her buddy was gone. He passed May 15th 2007
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Two years ago, We discovered that my 15 year old cat, Winnie was diagnosed with a nasal tumor. She had a heart murmur since she was 2 years old so the treatment for this would have killed her. We decided to let her be for the time she had left and when it got to the point where she was starting to decline i let her go before it got so bad she was suffering. That was March 15th 2008.

In December of 2008, I took my cat April in because something was not right with her. They found a tumor in her gut. She had Intestinal Lymphoma. We put her to sleep days before Christmas. SO at this point we have lost all but one to Cancer. My daughter has unfortunetly had a lot of losses because most of my pets were my childhood pets. But she has only really been phased by two. She considered Abby her cat and Nick her Dog. It is the sad part of owning pets but i can't imagine not having them around.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i feel the same, i couldn't imagine not having them and their purpose in this world is to put their paw print on our hearts. I've loved every animal that I've taken in and treated them as if they were special in this world, because they are. I also had a beloved cat that i had for 8 months. she was a tiny little thing and never grew too much bigger. she was my buddy though and primarily only liked me, this was before i had kids. She would pretend to like other people then attack them!! anyhow..while moving, my landlord let her out, she was never found. i have a little painting i had her do though with her little paw prints on it...the phone i had that had pictures of her was stolen, and i hadn't gotten the pictures developed out of it...im so glad you all shared your stories. It makes me feel better to know that there are others who accually grieve the loss of their beloved pets.
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 12:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• We lost a pet to the tainted pet food incident a few years ago. It was horrible. We adopted him from the Humane Society. He was a fat, buck-toothed dachsund we named Farley. I loved that little guy and he was doing so well. He had lost more than two pounds and was thriving in our home. It's so sad, but the diet dog food our vet recommended was what made him sick, and he went so quickly. He got sick at night. We took him to the vet the next morning and had to put him down that afternoon. I sobbed and sobbed. We only had him for five months, but I will never forget his sweet little face or his funny quirks.

I have a little plaque the vet gave us with his paw print. I miss that little guy.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2010