Do you like this for a girls name?

Brielle.......
or would
Ashley.......
Be better

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think Brielle sounds pretty
    joeysmom97

Answer by joeysmom97 at 3:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My name is Ashlie, and Brielle is pretty but it's not common, ashley was very popular and common back in the old day's and in the 80's/ 90's I would do it. Ashley. but spell it Ashlie/ or Ashlee, ashlea, ashligh. Ashlen
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• ooh I like Brielle..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I like Breanna
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 4:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Brielle, it not as common

Answer by louise2 at 5:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Brielle is pretty, but it sounds a little like Braile(sp?), the writing or blind people.

I like Ashley too, but I completely disagree with the PP who suggested you spell it differently. It sounds exactly the same and only makes your child continually have to spell her name out for strangers for the rest of her life. As a Krystal with a "K" and not a "C" it was always annoying for me.
    stargazer5585

Answer by stargazer5585 at 7:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I think they are both really pretty, I'd use Brielle Ashley. That way you could use both!
    briandaddie

Answer by briandaddie at 7:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Sorry, Brielle makes me think of Brillo pads - those steel wool things for scrubbing pots. Those names are too cutesy for me although I like Ashlyn or Jesslyn. And Brielle will get shortened to Brie - too cheese-y for me...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My daughter is 5 and she goes to school with 2 Aubrianna's, 2 Aubrielle's, 3 Brielle's and 1 Aubrey. There are 16 girls in her class. The other 7 girls (excluding my daughter) are named Hannah (2), Neveah (3) and Olivia (2). My daughter's name is Tracie. There are 5 boys in her class...3 are named Ayden, 1 Kayden and 1 Jayden. I would avoid naming a girl Brielle because she will not stand out in a crowd. Everyone is using Aubrielle, Brielle, Aubrey or Aubrianna these days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I think Brielle is very pretty, but I think it is becoming a lot more common lately. Ashley has been very popular, but I think it is less so now. They are both nice names, so I guess it would depend on the middle and last names to be used with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2010