Foror against?

According to all the polls the majority of American are against this new health bill. Are you for it or against it? Do you think it will be go through?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Obviously, I am vehemently against this particular bill for reform.Not to be assumed that I am against any reform.As for whats going on on the hill..Pelosi would of had that bill on Obama's desk last year if she had the vote's then.They had the majority and she'd of not hesitated to get it done this is her 'preciousss.' So let's not kid ourselves.The republicans have their issues there is no doubt about that,but they have had alternative solutions for some time now only to be shut out,ignored,and blown off.The thing is if there was real working together and focusing on a bill that most American's could be satisfied with then we'd likely get somewhere.That will not happen when president Obama and Pelosi have their own agenda and refuse to listen to the American people.Some of you may want to argue all that,but my advice is to save it..I am done argueing it it has all been clear to see and anyone still in denial will remain in
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Sorry about the typo in the title, it won't let me edit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i dont know enough about it either way, but i am scared.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Against and no I do not think that it will pass unless some deals get made. If they had the votes at the moment they would be voting on it not doing speeches.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 7:16 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• AGAINST!!! Not because I don;t want those who TRULY need health insurance to get it, BUT because THIS is not the plan that is going to make it happen, but it WILL destroy this country!!!

Like Cap & Trade...it's a HUGE tax bill, that will not actually help anyone in the end.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I am for Health Care reform, and I think more needs to be done to get medical coverage for all Americans BUT leave it to the US Congress (BOTH sides of the isle thank you very much) to turn it into a circus and in the end render it just as muddled and mucked up as anything else they touch. If either side was willing to work with the other I think we'd have something effective ready to go by now but egos and squabbles have once again gotten in the way.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:23 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• "If they had the votes at the moment they would be voting on it not doing speeches."

This goes both ways. If the Democrats could pass it they'd push a vote. If the Republicans thought they could shut it down, then they'd push a vote. No one really knows how a vote would come out if they held it today so no one really wants it to go to vote just yet. At this rate we'll be having the same conversation next fall!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I am in favor of health care reform but this bill it is so full of crap ... I mean 2000 pages? How many people have honesty read it all the way through? Its got way to many incentives to get certain senators to vote.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 7:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Beckcore-Once out of committee, the Speaker of the House (currently Nancy Pelosi) or the Majority Leader in the Senate (currently Harry Reid, both Democrats of course) mostly determine the order in which bills are taken up for votes. The republicans have no control over when it gets voted on.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 7:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Actually, its pretty evenly split
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2010