Do you smoke in your car, with your children?

If your one of the moms that smoke while there children are in the car, why is it you think so little of your children health?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I think it's awful to smoke in a car no matter who is in it. It's extremely disrespectful. It's illegal here anyway to smoke with children in the vehicle, thank GOD.
    Shlamoof

Answer by Shlamoof at 10:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I don't smoke but if I did I wouldn't do it in the car or house. It smells and gives people (myself included) headaches. Besides second hand smoke kills.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 7:18 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• when i did smoke, i never would have smoked in a car with children in it. UGH
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I don't smoke.. but I saw a lady last night.. she was driving, but was digging her nose with one hand, and smoking with the other. I saw a kid int he front seat (not toddler, older than that, but a kid nonetheless) and DH said there was a toddler in the back seat... and all the windows were up. I felt bad for those kids......
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Anyone who smoked in the car with their kid might as well pass their kid the cigarette.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I don't smoke but if I did, I would not smoke in the car with my kids. I don't even let anyone smoke in my car when my kids are not in there. I can't stand it myself...my health is important too. I don't even let anyone smoke in my house for that matter,lol. Yeah..I get all kinds of complaints about it too...especially from my mom and my aunt when they come over. But oh well.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I don't smoke but DH does a little bit (usually 2 cigs a day). And NEVER around DD at all. He smokes ONLY outdoors, and changes his shirt to do so. Always washes his hands when he's done, etc. and our DD is 2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I no longer smoke (quit 5 years ago) but when I did smoke I smoked around my children (in the house annd in the car) and all 4 of them are healthy, no asthma, no bronchitis, no ear infections, etc.. They are now adults and are healthy people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I haven't smoked since 1991 but if I had been a smoker when I had my child I would have never smoked in the car or the house with her around. My parent's smoke and they know that when they come to see us they can't smoke in the car and they need to go out on the deck if we're home. I see parent's smoking with kids in the car and think that there seriously should be a law against it. It's one thing if you're in the car alone but with kids....come on people...wake up!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

So I suppose that makes it OKAY Anon. since your kids haven't had any ill effects YET from your disgusting and selfish habit? I saw a mom smoking with all the windows up and there was a little baby in a car seat in the back. I wanted to jump through the window and punch her. I actually think its illegal in some areas to smoke with children in the car. Sad that they would have to make a law against something you think most people wouldn't do anyways.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2010