Holy Cow!!! I got a second interview!!!!

I had an interview last Monday and I really didn't feel like it had gone well. Then they called me yesterday and asked me to come in again today for a second interview! Doesn't that mean that they are strongly considering me? How likely is it that they'll hire me for this job if they are bringing me in twice? Have you ever had a second interview and still not gotten the job???

(They've been interviewing people for this position since SEPTEMBER)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Very exciting!! Be really well prepared with great questions and great answers. Do lots of research on the company and position. Knock their socks off!!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Hate to say it, but I've had second interviews and then never heard anything again. I interviewed for a tech position at a Sears Auto Center, was interviewed by the shift manager, and then again by the supervisor and then was promptly blown off and they wouldn't even return my phone calls.

I hope they don't pull that crap on you. Good luck!
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 8:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• It can only mean one of two things. They like you and this is the interview where they offer the job or they like you and someone else and need to make that final decision. You can't really know. Good Luck!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Well, that's funny you should say that. They did have someone they were about to hire but they weren't positive on that person. They got my resume at the last moment and decided to interview me. So it's probably between me and that person I guess. I interviewed with the head of the department and the team leader last week, and today it's with the same department head and the director.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• If I were you I would ask them at the end of the interview.

Answer by louise2 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• hooray on the 2nd interview! i hope you get the job!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I had 2 interviews and did not get hired.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:47 AM on Mar. 16, 2010