HELP 7 year old has toothache and swollen cheek.

About 8 months ago I took her to the dentist he did one of those temp filling well lately she had said it hurt and we were in the middle of moveing so I have put off taking her well in the past few days she has complained it really hurt i gave her child pain reliever and gel and then she woke up this morning with her cheek swollen Its her first lower molar has this happened to anyone and what is going to happen when I take her to the dentist today..

nicoal4

Asked by nicoal4 at 8:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It's probably infected. The dentist will take out the temp filling and maybe put in a new one, or they'll just prescribe and antibiotic. I hope she feels better!! Give her some more orajel and Tylenol, that sounds painful.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:12 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• it is an absessed (spelling?) tooth my sister had it... it is an infection that can be very serious if not taken care of..most likely right now what they will do is give her meds and wait for the swelling 2 go down b4 doing anything else.... it is extreamly painfull.. my sister was in her mid teens when it happened to her and it was horrible pain for her.. I feel sorry for your little girl.. I hope you don't put this kind of thing off again... good luck with her!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 1:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2010