Strange symptoms at 31 weeks, spotting/bleeding and possible yeast infection?

I'm 31 weeks pregnant with my second child. For the last few days I've felt like I had a yeast infection coming on....no physical (yucky) symptoms but I feel kinda swollen and itchy. This morning I felt the same way, but the feelings were a bit worse and I was bleeding a bit. My office does not open for another hour, so I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar?

This second pregnancy has been completely different than my first....my first was a breeze, no problem at all!

Thanks for taking the time to comfort me!

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 8:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sorry momma! could also be just some bacterial vanginitus. i was prone to that when i was preggers with my last child.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You have some sort of infection. It could be yeast because yeast tends to grow more during pregnancy and a bad yeast infection can cause spotting. You also could have a bacterial infection of some sort. You could have bacterial vaginosis (which is super common and easy to treat) or some other infection of the uterus. None of these are anything to be concerned about as long as you get into see the doctor in a day or two. All of these vaginal/uteran infections are easy to treat. If you let it go for a while it could cause preterm labor by irritating your cervix, but as long as you get treated by your dr you will be fine.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Thanks ladies. I think I figured out what was going on. I noticed I would always have the symptoms mainly after showering, I've come to the conclusion that I'm having a reaction to the feminine wash I'm using. I think it made me a bit "raw," thus explaining the bleeding.
    I did put an email into my OB's office, just to make sure. But I think that's what is going on.

Thanks again!!
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 9:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2010