Have you ever heard of a black person getting head lice?

I have never come across it myself. I ask because there is an infestation going around at my kids' school and all the kids are infested- EXCEPT the black kids. It made me think back and now that I think about it whenever head lice has been going round the black kids seem to be entirely spared. Why would this be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Lice can not lay eggs in their hair. It is the products they use to keep their hair moisturized. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Most black people put products in their hait that the head lice can not live in.

Answer by louise2 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I don't know any black people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• No, but they can get crabs! LOL Not just BLACK PEOPLE, any one who uses a lot of product in their hair, lice can not survive in. Anyone not just black people!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• wow I am biracial and I do not use hair product at all but I have never had lice.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Not every full black person or half black person puts grease in their hair.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Anyone who's hair has a lot of products in it, or who's hair is naturally very oily tend not to get head lice. The lice prefer clean, dry, non oily hair, because it's easier to move through and their nits cling to the hairs better.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 9:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Makes sense since they typically use product in their hair. If you color your hair regularly, you wont get lice either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I can't believe what I am reading here. How incredibly racist! Stereotypical ideas. You ought to be ashamed.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Marwill...this is hilarious to me. Just b/c people and the races are different doestn mean its racist.

Its true that people who put lots of products on their hair, particularly greasy products can not get lice. And a large percentage of black people...(not all) but a lot put greasy product in their hair.

It is not meant to be racist...its just a truth.

Why do you assume it racist b/c its different. Are we all suppose to be exactly the same so as to not be racist?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2010