Building muscle dangers?

My step son and his friends are using some kind of supplement to remove the water from their muscles and make them stronger faster. His sister reported that the only danger is that the boys would become dehydrated - but mom was keeping the house stocked with water. Has anyone heard of kids doing this? Has anyone heard of the dangers?

augsmom

Asked by augsmom at 8:55 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Health

• Muscle motion requires water, is all that I can think of. I googled it and it sounds as though only bad things happen. The muscles get weaker, the body is less able to regulate temperature, not to mention kidney function.

Answer by Bmat at 9:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• how old is ss? i have heard that muscle building/ weight lifting in growing bodies should be done with caution. being dehydrated is never a good thing. this will leave his body vulnerable to sickness.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• He will be 17 in May. This is something they buy at the vitamin store...far as I know...I was just trying to know more.
    augsmom

Answer by augsmom at 10:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2010