My ex-husband is accusing me of putting the kids up to lie on him what do I do?

My oldest daughter came home reporting some issues she had with her dad.Now sense trouble was caused from the issues they had he is accusing me of putting lies in my kids head.I have never talked bad about him to my kids.And now social services are questioning my daughter. My daughter isnt lieing my 6 year old son even said the same story I just dont know what to do anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• do you have family therapy involved? i know i would . i am so sorry you are going through this
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:11 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Stop worrying about what your ex thinks. You have no control over his actions and stressing over it, though I understand, is completely pointless. Just keep being a good mom to your kids and let social services do their job. I used to be a CPS caseworker and can assure you that we are highly trained at how to interview children. The social workers will be able to tell whether you children have been coached or are telling the truth. The best thing to do when social services gets involved is to just keep living your lives and not worry. The more you stress out and the more you try to keep up the appearance you think they want to see, the more things look fishy. Just relax and be a mom to your kids and be open and honest with social services.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Every single time my son has something to complain about about his dad, I get accused that I put the stuff in his head. I have never done any such thing..I have no need or desire to. I still get accused none the less. It used to bother me so much and I would try to talk to my ex to help him understand that it was what my son said on his own and his words were his own feelings,not mine. But it didn't work and it was a waste of my breath. Now, I could care less what he thinks. If he wants to think I'm playing such childish games...he can go right on ahead. At least I and my son know the truth,thats all that matters. Good Luck..and I say ignore his accusations and just listen to your children.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2010