If you know anything about AntiVirus programs that IS A VIRUS Please read!

I have avast on my computer and yesterday I had a pop up while on Myspace that said my computer maybe at risk for a virus and to click and remove it. I clicked to remove it thinking I was using Avast and really I was downloading a anti virus program which is a virus its self. Its called Antivirus7. Ive tried to google how to remove but everytime I try to visit a website or click to go to another webpage this "Warning Warning" thing pops up and wont let me leave there website untill I pay 70.00 dollars to purchase there program. Ive removed the program from my computer but it still is infecting my computer. Does anyone know how to get rid of this or a free anti spyware program that will clean it off my computer?? Thanks!!

AProsser

Asked by AProsser at 9:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My dh knows about these kind of things. I'm sending a copy of your post to him to see if he can help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• What do you use for virus protection on your computer? I'm asking because something like this happened to me. I believe it was from Facebook! I use Verizon Security. I ran a virus scan and a spyware scan it came up clear of viruses. But was still popping up! I called Verizon and they cleaned and removed the virus for free! If you are having no luck running the scans yourself call the company that yoy have virus protection with. Good luck...viruses suck!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:43 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Thanks so much anon42! Sometimes I can visit a website and sometimes it will block me. So annoying! Its driving me crazy! Thanks again!
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 9:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• geekstogo.com... Open everything as the administrator, you don't have to click on the antivirus virus thing. I just had the vista internet security virus on mine. Hubby went to geekstogo.com and they had step by step directions on how to remove it. You will have to put it in the search box to find the topic you're looking for. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:55 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Hi - this just happend to me, our home PC was jacked up by this virus. It is a virus, DO NOT pay and download the fix this will clean it up for about a week but the fix actually contains more virus that you will have to pay again to fix.

This is a bad one and our anti virus software did not block it. We had to have our hard drive totally clean and re-installed all of our programs.

Hope this helps! Oh P.S. I believe that we picked this virus up through FB
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Yeah, I had one of those programs once. I had to find a post on some technical message board to get rid of it. To do it I had to edit the registry on my computer (which can potentially screw things up). Just deleting it from the hard drive doesn't work because it is still actually there where you can't reach it. It was a freaking pain in the ass. And my anti-virus program (McAfee which is pretty good) didn't detect any viruses on our computer the whole time we had the problem.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You're lucky that you can still use your computer. My mom's computer was infected with one last week that you couldn't even get past the program. It's a malware problem. You should be able to get a problem to check your computer for malware.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• you need to download malewarebyte's anti maleware in safe mode and then run it in safe mode. Once you do that then you can open up in normal mode and then run it again. Then run your avast again.

I just went through this less than a month ago
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:49 AM on Mar. 16, 2010