Sneezing and pain?

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and I just sneezed really hard. It hurt SO bad. And not in my sinus area, but in my pelvic region. Like sharp pain that lasted for five or so seconds after the sneeze. It happened on both sides, right by my hips, down to the lower pelvic bones. Is this from round ligaments going whacky, or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You stretched out your ligiments in that area. I have that happen alot when I am pregnant.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• As your belly grows and all of your muscles begin to stretch this problem with worsen, but it's all normal. Just wait......one day you'll sneeze and pee a bit....sorry to say it, but just like our mom's said....this will all happen!
    Oh the joys of pregnancy!
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 10:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• whenever I sneez I brace my belly! lol I know it is gross to sneez all over but I would rather try to hit the side of my arm with it then have my belly hurt like hell!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:54 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• That's normal. I am 25 weeks w/ twins and I am to the point where every time I cough or sneeze too hard, I can hear and feel my pelvic bones pop. LoL
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2010