Pedestal sink or small vanity..which would you go with?

We are doing a bathroom remodel on a very small bathroom.

Really I like the idea of a pedestal sink but worry about space for storage.

So we looked at a very narrow vanity..one about 2 ft from front to back....so you could have a small area for storage....things like tampons and such would be kept in it.

If I go with a pedestal I think I have room for a small cabinet behind the sink on the other wall. But it will have to be small.

Which would you rather have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would go with the small vanity, mostly for the storage space. Also, I'm a real klutz, so I'd be afraid that I'd knock the pedestal sink and bust it.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 9:49 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• We have a pedestal sink in our small bathroom. I have a small cabinet on the wall for band aids/meds and a decorative basket on the floor to hold tissues and toilet paper. It works out pretty well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You can also put a small cabinet over the toilet.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:00 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Go with the small cabinet, and if you really want to spruce it up and modernize put a bowl as the sink, they are inexpensive and look great!

Answer by older at 10:11 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i love storage space the more the better lol.. so i myself would go with the cabinet. good luck with what ever u choose..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Is this bathroom just a sink and toilet? If so, I would probably go with pedestal and put a small cabinet above the toilet.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i say go with more storage. we have a pedestal sink in our guest bath, and while it is not a high priority, we will eventually change it. you can never have too much storage!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• it depends if there's another bathroom or somewhere else for things to be stored.

I'd like a pedestal but would lose 'tampon' storage space. so I'd go with a small vanity with one or two little drawers or a cupboard.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I just went through this! I liked the look of the pedastal sink, but I decided to go with a vanity so I'd have a place to store extra toilet papaer, tampons, and a few other things. In the long run I think I would have hated going without storage. I got a really cool vanity at Lowe's that looks like furniture rather than the traditional bathroom vanity cabinet. It doesn't have much storage space due to the pipes for the sink, but it's way better than none. I really do like it.
    Anonymous

• Personally, I'd go with the small vanity for the storage space, especially if you don't have a ton of room on your walls and another cabinet might be hazardous (to heads, eyes, etc.) because of space constraints. Also, if this is a guest bathroom, people are more likely to peek in an upper cabinet than a vanity cabinet, so if you don't want your unmentionables to be for public viewing, you might want to stick to the vanity cabinet.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2010