the green monster:

no not fenway park...everyone knows i dislike my neighbors.i have discovered something else.i think i am a little envious of them.this woman glides through life.her kids glide through life.they always look and act perfect. always in the perfect sports and have a perfect house and car.her dh is military but she doesnt seem to care.she doesnt live with him.but he does support her. not only that but hes got a second job. so she can live her life style.yes i am very envious of this.i really dont know what to do.i do go to therapy and i kind of let it out yesterday.i kind of said to my dd the same thing that woman said to her kids on the post"i told my kids i hated them"only it wasnt so harsh...how can some people just glide through life?and how can i deal with this?

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• You deal with it by realizing that EVERYONE Has problems, even if you dont see them.

TO an outsider like you, they a appear to have everything in order. But you dont know what goes on inside their lives...a whole host of things could be happening.

Dont let someone who has puts on a good face for neighbors control your life. Thats giving them too much power!

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:52 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Why not just focus on doing the best for you and your family? No ones perfect, not even your neighbor. We live a comfortable life, have a great marriage, great kids, but there are still problems, we just don't tell everyone everything. They are things we deal with, and they aren't anyone's business. I have gotten to the point in my life where I enjoy seeing other people happy.. I would much rather see them that way then to be suffering, etc...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Although it may look it, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. That family may have problems, but you don't know about them because they don't air their dirty laundry for everybody else to see; Some people are just more private than others.

Another reason that she may be able to "glide through life" is that she has learned to be happy with what she has & just accepts what life tosses at her. Not to say that she doesn't do anything about the bad stuff, but that she chooses to look at the positives & not the negatives. Also, people who are busy & feel useful are happier people because they don't have time to dwell on what they don't have or to be jealous of others; they're too busy getting things done and feeling good about what they have accomplished.

It is much more fun to live your own life than spend it drooling over someone else's.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:11 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• How do you know she glides threw life? Just because she acts like she and her kids are perfect and great does not mean that is how it is behind closed doors!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2010