What does constitute being a middle-class-family in The United States?

In your own opinion!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• In order to be middle class you must have a minimum household annual income of $75-100k - IMO

Anything less and you're maybe able to attain lower middle class - anything under $50k/yr IMO would be lower class

This is all dependent on where you live though...things are more expensive where I live than say in the middle of nowhere Kansas (for example)
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I consider us middle class. And on the actual scale we probably fall at the bottom part of the middle class.

My husband makes a very good salary for our area and we dont really struggle with money. Now we are rich or anything. We have to be smart and not go on shopping sprees or anything.

But if we want something we usually just go buy it..within reason.

We live in a nice house in a nice area and drive nice cars.

So I believe we fall into the middle class group.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• We are NOT rich (is what I meant to type)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• It depends on where you live. My husband brings home $3300 a month and after we pay the mortgage, car payment, bills, buy groceries and put money in to savings we have around $1000 left over. To me that's well off and I would put us at above middle class in this area. In another area $3300 a month would barely pay the mortgage and car payment for someone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My DH's net pay is $3800 a month and where we live right now we wouldn't be able to get by if we were not living in military housing. I consider us lower middle class.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2010