My hubby dosen't want any more kids....(read more)

We have 2 boys (2 years and 2 months) and i really want my baby girl! Every mother dreams of having their girl and i want her so bad! I'm sure i could convince him to go for just 1 more, but there are 2 downfalls, i REALLY HATE getting up and feeding at night, i'm so exhausted! I don't want to do it anymore, and what if it comes out ANOTHER boy? I will be crushed and so dissappointed. I don't know if it's worth it to go through all of that. I mean i will still love the child no matter what the sex, but i'd feel like my losing sleep for 6 months when he's born just wasn't worth the effort. Should i try one more time for my girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think that you would still love another boy, but I understand that you want to do it again to try and get your girl.
    If you want your daughter that much, then have you considered adoption? you said you hate getting up at night and you're exhausted- have you considered adopting out of the system? maybe a older child?
    my friend is doing that now -
    I urge you to consider it-you can get info then make your decision.
    there may just be a beautiful little girl waiting for you :) I wish you luck!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• if that is your reasons for not wanting to try for a girl then honestly no I don't think you should try for another child. Sorry JMO
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I would say not if you feel that it would be a waste if a boy was born. I see that you said you would still love it..but if you really feel like your just done with losing sleep and doing all that baby stuff...then you should just say nay on the idea. Plus hubby doesnt want anymore...you may regret it too much if you find out its a boy.Think of it this way, your creating a whole nother life...not just a gender. Maybe you can adopt a little girl?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Wait until your kids are older and it will be different. I have a 2 year old and all my attention is on him currently. We are waiting until he is at least 5 or possibly older before we consider another child. My son really needs my attention now as I am sure your children do. Make life easier on yourself and wait until they are older - your husband maybe much more likely to want another child then as well.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:23 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't have another child if my hubby didn't want anymore. Having children needs to be fully agreed upon by both partners.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• To me it sounds like you should not have anymore. There is always the choice of adoption. You can adopt an old girl. But also if you hubby does not want anymore. You have to also respect that. I know it is hard but thing could change for either one of you. On how you feel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Nope you should not. I have always wanted a girl, but I have three boys. I love them and still wish I could have a girl, but I would never be angry or feel like it wasn't worth having one of my boys, because they are boys. I am so lucky and happy to have my boys, I am thankful everyday for each one.
    I seriously doubt you could ever really love another boy. And chances are 50/50 that you would get another boy. So please don't risk the resentment you would feel for your children if he comes out a boy. I think it is terrible when I hear parents say, I kept trying for a girl and all I got was boys, when your boys hear that they feel unwanted and unloved. So not cool.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Also when your children are older they will be able to help out as well.

I agree with others though that you shouldn't deceive your husband and you should both want it otherwise it will destroy your relationship.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2010