What is your problem?

With Christians/Christianity?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• >If I was christian I'd forever be telling people to shut up and stop making us all look bad<

I've said such before. It doesn't get me any farther than the satisfaction of having said it. When it comes to politics and religion there's always a brick wall to beat ones head against. I'm not going to convince a zealot to chill a little any more than I'm going to convert a non-believer. All I can do is share my own understanding and faith as respectfully as possible and hope others show me the same courtesy. As a Christian I've been informed that I'm not "real" or "true" or "good enough" by some simply because we disagree. Whatever. I guess I don't quite get why others take such offense. really, what does some anonymous person in the PC know about me? What difference does it make if they agree with me or like me or condemn me? If someone is that shallow to think they can know me by some words on a screen, well I pity them.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 3:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I dont' have a problem with either.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Nothing.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• They believe absurd stuff, and they proselytize.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Well, my problem begins with its false beliefs touted as facts, then moves onto the forced conversion of multitudes, is strengthened by the destroyed history of several cultures, and is inflamed by the slaughters and massacres of the Crusades and Inquisitions. 
    I don't care that the 'Christians of today' did not perpetrate these crimes...they choose to be part of the atrocity that allowed them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• nothing as long as they don't shove it done my throat i believe in what i believe and i will not change for anyone and they feel the right to shove something i don't believe down someone's throat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• so anon 10:25 - does that mean you take issue with the southern-white populous of the US for slavery? Do you hold it against Democrats because in the post-Civil War era through the civil rights movement they fought equality? Does it mean you are critical of the various other religious communities that have the misfortune of having crazed so-called zealots that issue terror in the name of their faith? Do you hate all English for what they did to Ireland and Scotland? Do you curse the atheist and multi-theists who used monotheism as a reason to enslave and/or torture others?

I mean seriously? You're going to find very few people left to sit and bitter with if you start holding SOME people's actions in the past and present against others who had nothing to do with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I mean seriously? You're going to find very few people left to sit and bitter with if you start holding SOME people's actions in the past and present against others who had nothing to do with it.

Christianity (along with others) is a religion with controlling, violent roots, that people, for whatever reason, still choose to follow.  They hold the ideals of this religion to be absolutely true, they are still trying to rule other people by them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I don't have an issue with either at face value. My DH is Christian. And I love to study Christian Myths and Teachings, I find them fascinating. I do however, take issue with anyone that accepts religion blindly or that forces their beliefs on others. I think Christianity (and other Abrahamic faiths) tend to be full of people like this. The religion itself, isn't my issue. It's the narrow & close mindedness of the people using the religion to push their agenda and using scare tactics to force their beliefs on others.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• To each his own...I don't believe in organised religion at all and I don't want to be preached too.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2010