How can I handle this situation?

I have brand new neighbors in my apartment complex and they insist on parking their car directly in front of my apartment! Now for me, it's a matter of common sense to park in front of your own place not mine. I don't want to get off on the wrong foot but I know if I don't say something nothing will change. I'm not a confrontational person AT ALL, I get sick when I think about having to say something to them about it. How can I go about it in a nice and tactful way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well if there is no numbers saying where they have to park. Then they can park where ever they like and they could complain about you complaining to the manage. I would say what is the big deal as long as you have a spot to park your car.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• tack a note on there door or the bulletin board ( if u have on in your complex ) i had this problm once and it irrated me there are a million parken spaces sorry u have to walk 5 feet to the door. so i got yellow consrution paper and a black marker and posted...please park cars in parken lot not infront of the building, what if there was a fire trucks couldnt get in. it worked the man statrted parking in the spots. u can also talk to management. its one thing to park by the door to unload food and what not but i was on the first floor and instead of seeing trees and flowers i would see his truck.. not to mention he park so close to the stairs/door u had to move around his truck to get to the parking lot. i loked seeing green looking out window..not tires...lol...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• If there is not assigned parking then you are out of luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• If the spaces aren't assigned parking, I'm sure there is nothing you can do about it!

Talk to management if it's an issue for you.
    Anonymous

• I would just ask them to leave you one close spot. Tell them it is hard for you to schlep your kids in and out of the car and the closer you are to your door the easier it is for you. And make sure you bring them some home made brownies when you ask them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Write a REAL NICE and POLITE note to them, telling them you know they didn't realize, but that is where you need to park. Put it on their windshield and extend an invitation for them to come over "for coffee" when they get settled in. They probably won't, but they most likely will begin parking elsewhere, since you asked nicely. You might also find them to be sweet, friendly people that you will be glad you met and became friends with.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• LOL! My hubby discovered that his remote car lock/starter is the same as one of the across the street neighbor's good friends. So whenever we see that those friends are visiting, he hits the panic button on his keychain and it sets off their alarm! Taught them a lesson without either one of us saying a word! :)
    stacianne0120

Answer by stacianne0120 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2010