panties for a petite 2 yo

my 2 yo is ready for potty training, she is very petite...any ideas of what brand to buy?

happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My petite 18 month old has only one kind that fits her... it's the Sesame Street (Elmo) ones from Target, size 2T. We got them when our first daughter was training, also young, and they were the only ones that got small enough after shrinking to fit her properly. Unfortunately, that was a year and a half ago, and I've gone looking for the same ones and not found them. The Circo (Target brand) ones we got around that same time were the second smallest. I would not be afraid to open a couple of packages to see which ones are the smallest, and also I would definitely try the shrinking thing. If you really can't find anything, check on a website for Elimination Communication (infant potty training), I wouldn't be surprised if you could find something that way.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My oldest was very skinny so undies never fit her right. I had to sew it a bit in to make them fit right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Gerber has some training pants in smaller sizes, like 18- and 24-months I think. They're basically panties made of thicker material so they absorb more. All the cutesy ones I've seen, though, usually only go down to 2T.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:52 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I use the cotton gerber training pants. I wash them through twice on hot and they seem to shrink a bit, only thing so far that i have found for my skinny little princess.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2010