Is this what the world is coming to?

I couldn't count the number of posts I have seen (in the answers and in the forums) where people just sound COMPLETELY and UTTERLY ungrateful. It's disgusting. If people are buying your child a gift, be thankful. Who cares that it wasn't on your registry or that you already have 8 tubes of diaper cream or that you couldn't use it after all. Get over it! It was a gift from the kindness of their heart out of love for you and your baby. If you can't use it, give it away and pay it forward or trash it! Just stop crabbing about someone daring to get you a gift! The world doesn't owe you. If you get a handout, be happy. You know how many women get NOTHING? Seriosuly, the ungratefulness I've been reading lately is just sickening.

Shlamoof

Asked by Shlamoof at 11:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I so agree with you! And people wonder why our kids are growing up with the same attitude.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• AMEN!

you rock

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i agree!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I agree!

be thankful someone took the time and heart to THROW YOU A SHOWER!!! 3 kids and no showers for me....all the SILs and friends got one thrown for them....but me. NOPE - am I bitter...HELL YES.

suck it up and be thankful someone bought you something. who cares if you have duplicates - do you really think you will only buy ONE of something? sheesh...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• The world doesn't owe you.

This is what I wish everyone would learn. You are very correct!

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2010