Strange request from son's teacher...

My son's 1st grade class is celebrating Dr. Suess all week. Tomorrow she asked that each child bring in a container of scrambled eggs and ham, labeled with their names on it. I'm thinking they are going to turn them into green eggs and ham. But I'm concerned that by the time they eat the eggs they will spoil. Will eggs spoil if not eaten right away?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 11:18 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i would send the eggs in the container unbroken and as a whole, that way you know for sure your child isnt gonna eat something spoiled. and in the teacher's lounge there should be a silverware drawer so the teacher will have to simply scramble them herself.

well its the idea i would do.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I am pretty sure they intend to color and eat them first thing. Or at least put then in the fridge. I highly doubt they will be sitting out for a long time...surely teacher is smarter than that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• if you're really worried pack in an insulated lunch bag
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• awww, thats a cute idea. :)
    I'd bet that the containers will be put in the fridge until they are ready to do thier project,they will be fine.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I use to take egg sandwiches to school for lunch. They have as much of chance of spoiling as the ham. But yes the teachers usually do put them in the teachers lounge fridge. All of my kids have done this. It's lot of fun.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Kids pack lunches every day all across America and they don't go bad. Plus I have seen parties at school in which kids bring perishables and the teacher takes them to the fridge until they are ready to be eaten.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• email the teacher and ask her.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2010