How do I tell this bitch to just go somewhere and DIE?

My sister-in-law. I have a beautifully decorated home and this insensitive creature keeps coming up with shit like, "you should have used vinyl on your kitchen floors, then you could change it every couple years" or, "Why do you have lace curtains in you living room, white is SOOO boring, and they're so hard to clean". How do I tell her to shut the f**k up and keep her remarks to herself? I don't CARE about her cheap and common ideas, and the slate tiles in my kitchen and the hardwood floors in the living room are hella lot better than vinyl. And as for deep wine-colored velvet drapes in the living room--shudder--it would look like a funeral home in there!
Since she IS my hubbys sister, I can't be outright rude to her, but I'm getting close. How would you handle this. Simply nodding and saying "uh huh" doesn't work, she's wants to know WHEN I'm going to take her advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• This is what I would say, " ___________ Im really not interested in changing anything in my home right now. I like my kitchen floors they last longer so I dont have to change them every few years. i want white lace curtains in the living room because its bring the sun in and its a LIVING room and not a funeral parlor. My house is the way it is because I like it and I can afford to have it look like this, now if you have anymore suggestions keep them to your self. Would u like something to drink?"
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• change the vinyl every couple of years? thats insane!

my inlaws have tactless and rude things to say too...I just shut it all out. smile and nod then walk away.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I think saying what you did here might do the trick, some people need to have it spelled out! Do it with a smile!

Answer by older at 11:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Tell her straight out, It's your house and you love it just the way it is!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:23 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Tell her you'll take her advice when your ready to make your house look like shit. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:23 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• PS...can you tell my SIL the same for me?! LOL
    mamaada

• Just tell her that while you appreciate her advice, it's your house, your taste. I would also say "we don't share the same taste"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Well I have a psycho friend like that and one day I just came out and said "Do you have any more shit to talk, or are you done yet?" She was totally shocked.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• How about just telling her that her comments hurt your feelings and you don't appreciate them. Tell her you have worked hard to decorate your home the way you like it and to please stop making rude comments.
    Or ask your husband to do it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Just tell her she can do whatever she likes in her own home, but you like yours the way it is. I mean, duh. It's YOUR house and you two are completely different people...what about that won't she understand?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2010