What can I cook for dinner?

Okay I am not usually the one who cooks dinner, my husband does. He will be gone for a week and I need Ideas on what to cook. I only need enough to feed me and my 2 yr old DD. Nothing too fancy, Ive done chicken nuggets, mac n' cheese. Breakfast and lunch are my specialties. So if anybody has any good ideas, please share!
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Something nutritious that won't clog up your kid's arteries. If you go online you can find tons of kid friendly meals that are healthy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• So are you saying mac n' cheese will clog her arteries?
    Anonymous

• we like alphabet soup. I use some frozen corn, peas, fresh carrots chopped, celery, drained can of green beans. Can use whatever ones you like. Put about 1 cup water, beef cube and carrots and celery in the pot and boil til carrots are geting tender. Add other veggies and tomato soup and more water if needed. Stir in a very very tiny noodle like stars or alphabits. It doesnt take very many noodles maybe a 1/4 to 1/2 cup and simmer till noodles are done. Alot of times I add cooked ground beef to this. My dd loves this!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Thanks ria7 that sounds great. My dd loves veggies!
    Anonymous

• Another easy favorite: Ravioli... buy the frozen kind- cheese or beef is fine. I like the saute a little garlic in oil but you dont have to. Then pour in a jar of alfredo (not ragu but a nice 4 cheese Bertoli or something) and 1 jar of any kind of red spagetti sauce (cheap kind is fine). After cooking ravioli drain it and put some in a bowl, top with sauce and sprinkle with basil. It is a very creamy yummy suace and is done in 10 minutes!

Sometimes I just use 1/2 bag of ravilli and 1/2 of each jar then you can make it again next week.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• get some just add water pizza crust, cut up some veggies ur child likes. motz cheese and jar pizza sauce. healthy, easy, fun to have the lil one help too.
    heyjudeboy1223

Answer by heyjudeboy1223 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Mac n cheese is not going to kill your child! Good grief! I think that is the staple diet of most 2-5 year olds. anyway...i think pizza is good, she can help you do the toppings. And my DD likes Manwiches, and hamburger helper with corn on the side.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• my 2 year old love bbq chicken and bbq burgers, i just split my burger with him or or chicken, and make a side of veggies. and my son also loves rice roni, and brown rice. If you cook for 4 then you can also have leftoever the next day and not have to worry about cooking.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 3:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Lentil tacos
    homemade pizza
    noodles and broccoli with peanut sauce
    vegetable pot pie

There are lots of easy, healthy meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• a fast, good meal is what we call Made-rights. Get ground beef then season it and and cook it. While cooking, take a pastry blender to get it all chopped up fine and then put some beef stock in it and let is simmer for awhile. Put it on a bun and I think they taste better than a hamburger. I am not a big beef eater but I do like these. Most of my family likes to put mustard and onion on it, sometimes a pickle slice. I just like the meat and bun. It is easy and tasty. It is a loose meat sandwhich. It is also a good left over for lunch the next day.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2010