How much does it cost to have a cleaning lady come to your house once a week?

I've been thinking of hiring someone to come clean once a week,just wondering how much something like this generally costs?
And what all do they do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You can expect to pay anywhere from $10 - $50 per hour. If you use a service such as Merry Maid/Molly Maids you will get charged for an initial clean which can be very pricey. It depends on the size of your home, how cluttered it is, how much traffic you get etc. I clean houses for a living and I charge by the house which is usually around $25. This includes bathrooms, kitchen, changing bed linens, some windows, blinds, baseboards, light fixtures, dusting everything, sweep and mop, vacuum, minimal picking up/straightening and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Basically I clean everyroom top to bottom. You may want to try craigslist or ask around for an independant housecleaner. You do get what you pay for. Just be sure you check references. Good Luck!
    yldflwr

Answer by yldflwr at 2:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I have someone in on occasion; two of them come and spend about 3 hours. It costs $150.

They clean both bathrooms, dust all the rooms (3,000 sq ft), vacuum, sweep, mop (I have mostly hardwood floors), wash baseboards, clean windows, etc.

You should call a few places and get quotes. Some charge more for initial visits, then less on subsequent times.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I have a lady that just does my floors and bathrooms for $35. I know it's cheap, but she doesn't do a great job - you get what you pay for!
    Anonymous