Foreskin vs. Breasts? Double standard?

Does anyone else think it's weird how many adult women are obsessed with the "look" of infant and toddler penises? Do these same women who insist that penises should look a certain way get upset about how women's breasts are under scrutiny?

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 12:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Are you obsessed with it? Seriously, I don't even think about that stuff! Nor have I ever until I read this question! lol
    Anonymous

• What a great question. Certainly shows the irony! Hypocrisy?

[Momma to 2 intact boys]
    Anonymous

• What are you talking about?

I circumcised my boys BECAUSE....my father had to be circumcised when I was 15. He developed an infection due to complications of diabetes. He almost died from it. I would rather my sons never have to deal with that.

I wish you all (MILITANT for WHATEVER cause) would all just get off your high horses and maybe get kicked in the butt by a mule. There is NOT ONE THING that is RIGHT for EVERY SINGLE PERSON.
    Anonymous

• What the heck?? You KNOW these organs do NOT serve the same purpose. Breasts are part of the woman's body meant to feed her children. Foreskin serves NO purpose and it is more healthy to remove it.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• RutterMama, how can you say that the foreskin serves no purpose? That's an outright lie. The foreskin protects the glans, similar to how our clitoral hoods protect our clitoris. While the foreskin is attached to the glans in infancy, it keeps urine, fecal matter, and other infectious material out of the penis. It also has highly functioning nerve endings, as well as lubricants to protect against chafing and abrasion during sex.

It is NOT more healthy to remove it and we're the only country that even promotes that fallacy.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• It is a double standard. We also have the female genital mutilation double standard - since male circumcision was started in this country for similar reasons.

asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2010