Why does my 9 1/2 month old wake so frequently in the middle of the night?

My dd has been sleeping thru the night since she was 8 wks. For the past week or so she is waking up all night long. She goes down at 8 and by 10-11 she will wake up and this goes on for a while, Then she will fall back asleep and then it starts again around 3 or so. we are going in there and giving her her nuk and she'll quiet down. I feel like she is a newborn again. What can we do? She has a night light and music playing in her room, don't know what else to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething amongst all the other emotional and developmental phases she's going through. It's nothing to worry about...every baby goes through it...some its tougher than others.
    Anonymous

• Mine is that age and has been doing this for a while....I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out what was wrong, but then I decided to just relax and wait for it to pass...there are so many things that could be waking her up/keeping her up...I just consider it my job to get up with her and try not to get too crazy over it. I brought my dd back into our room in her pack n play until it passes so I don't have to wake up completely to consol her.....good luck! It will pass before you know it!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You're doing all the right things. You actually lucked out that she hasn't changed the sleep pattern before this. You got a little spoiled. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 4:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2010