My mother is a witch..literally...shes a witch

So, a few years ago my mother got into the practice of wicca.Since then,she says she is a witch. I have no problem with this. I actually believe that both of us have extra sensory abilities.But I have chosen to live a Christian life, I believe in God and practice the ways of the bible. I never put her choice down and will even listen to her talk about it.But its like shes trying to convert me.ANd she gets mad when I explain to her why I choose not to practice Wicca. My reason is because I was raised as a believer of God,and we have free will and I am actaully frightened of challenging God by trying to imitate powers that I feel only God should have. I just prefer to leave the practice alone. I believe that we should fear our creator and not do what he would not want us to do. I'm not sure if this makes much sense, there is a lot more to it than what I have room to write here.Just wanted some opinions on it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As a Pagan the highest law is harm ye none. You tell her that it hurts you that she is pushing the matter so hard. Remind her that you respect her beliefs and you want her to do the same for you. That what she is doing is the very thing many of her people have to endure every day. Pagans do not convert, we do not push. With your Mom being a newbie she is very excited. Have you ever been around a new Christian? Our newbies can come accross the same way at times. You remind her you understand her excitement and her wanting to share but sharing is not converting. In my group we also make sure we don't push, pushing conversion is harm. Does she have a group or friends that are Pagan/Wiccan too? If not, she should at least find an online group to share her excitement. Just remember she is excited and thinks she is doing right but in reality it is harmful and needs to stop. PM any of us Pagans any time, we will help.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You are entitled to have your beliefs. She just wants to share her life with you. But, you do not have to share those things. :)
    Anonymous

• No..its not that she wants to share her life with me...we do that anyway. I hear everything she says about it,we have conversations about it, I just wish she would quit getting angry with me when the bottom line is still that I do not want to practice Wicca. Its not like I'm trying to convert her beliefs. She just drives me crazy sometimes,lol.
    Anonymous

• The reason she is angry is she SEES God in you and knows the truth but is fighting it. Just pray for her and allow Holy Spirit to do the drawing. She will either choose to change in her own time or not , you are doing fine. :-0 Just be who Christ called you to be.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• This might help you make a stand with your mom: http://www.watchtower.org/e/20000401/article_02.htm

She's as entitled to choose ehr way as you are but as a Christian I can't help but want to encourage you to avoid brushing shoulders with witchcraft as much as reasonably possible.

Anonymous

• "The reason she is angry is she SEES God in you and knows the truth but is fighting it"

There is no way you could possibly state this as a fact. you don't know this to be the truth anymore than anyone else does.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Honestly Shang do you realize how hateful you have been coming across the pst couple of days?
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I think the reason she is angry is because she sees you living your life in fear.

I don't know about anyone else, but I shudder to think of my daughter living in fear, especially of something I consider illogical...
    Anonymous

• I think it's great that your able to have a meaningful and loving relationship with your mother. She may never see things from your point of view, so I would stop trying to explain it to her and ask her to stop questioning you on it.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• LOL..who said I am living my life in fear?
    I fear doing wrong by my creator by challenging him. You don't challenge God. You just believe.
    Anonymous