How much does a can of powdered formula cost?

I'm breastfeeding now and my milk supply is getting low. How much does it cost for a can of powdered formula... I just wanna be prepared.

Jewels22

Asked by Jewels22 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends what kind you get. Anywhere between 6 and 13 bucks. They have different sizes too.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• depends on the kind yoou get. from 15-25 bucks.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Depends on what kind it is. Mine was on Similac Isomil,the cost was $14.93 per can
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• How long does a can last?
    Jewels22

Answer by Jewels22 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• How much depends on size of can, where you live, brand you get and what store you go to. I buy the store brand the big can cost as much as the little can of the name brand.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• it last about 2 days ort so. your looking at 45 to 60 a week on formula. BY THE WAY IF YOU NURSE NURSE NURSE PUMP AND DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS YOU WILL FIX YOUR SUPPLY. and what makes you think your supply is low?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• We buy a brand from sams. Its a huge can for $19.72, lasts us almost 2 wks! Depends what kind you get and what store you get it from.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Buy generic! It's so much cheaper. Our doctor told us that the generic formula brands at Target, Wal-Mart, Walgreen's are all the same company. It used to be a brand-name company but then went into generic and it is just as good as Similac or Enfamil. A large can costs about $14-16.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Thank you everyone for your answers.. I feel like my supply is low because when I breastfeed he feeds till I'm empty and then screams cuz he's still hungry. I don't know maybe I just can't keep up with him. He's a real good eater!!lol
    Jewels22

Answer by Jewels22 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You may just think your supply is low and it really isn't. If your baby is gaining 4 ounces a week or a pound a month then you have enough milk.

The way to get more milk is to breastfeed more. Don't "feed until empty". Let the baby hang out at the breast. Don't limit the length of feedings. You may even have multiple let-downs. Your baby is screaming because you are taking the breast away not because he is hungry. Several times a day let your baby nap at the breast and nurse for a long time, an hour or more.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2010