Is there a connection between teething and vomiting caused by drainage and drool?

My 10 month old has cut two teeth, and is working on another. She's had the typical runny nose, drooling, low fever,etc. but the past 3 nights she's woken up coughing then throwing up in the middle of the night. I'm stuck between it being her gag reflex kicking in with the drool and drainage make her cough or a bug. My 3 year old had a very mild stomach bug over a week ago, so I'm on the fence. Any opinions?

BFranks23

Asked by BFranks23 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• makes sense to me. she surely swallows a lot of the saliva that could be upsetting to a belly. if she had a bug i would guess its not one now. keep checking her temp to verify. she could also still be returning to normal from the bug. maybe not wanting to eat as much or having to stretch her tummy back out from possibly not intaking as much when she was sick.
    heyjudeboy1223

Answer by heyjudeboy1223 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I know that it happened with my son. He also would get the diareah and high fevers...he was a horrible teether(and yes it was teething!!)
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I think there must be, because without fail, every time my daughter was cutting a a tooth, she would throw up. It was like clock-work.

Stomach bug, or teething, treatment is the same for vomiting. Keep them hydrated and snuggled, and take them to a doc if they seem dehydrated.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Maybe...
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010