If you are a sinner....

Why do you have a problem with your fellow sinners?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont but thats a very good question.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Do I have a problem? I have a problem with sin and willful sinning but not with those that try to avoid sinning or who are in ignorance of sin, especially their own.
    Anonymous

• "I have a problem with sin and willful sinning "

How do you determine who is willfully sinning and who isn't? How do you know who is asking for forgiveness and who isn't? And what do you do when you encounter this "problem" of yours?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Also, anon, are you a sinner? If yes, then are your sins less "sinful" then the people you have a problem with?
    sahmamax2

• I am a Christian and I assume your question is pointed at those of us who are. Some will tell you they do not take issue with the sinner but with the sin. It can be a subtle difference that is often blurred in their fervor of hating the sin. ;)

We are not supposed to 'rank' sin. All sin is equal, we're taught. Some, however, follow the "speeding vs murder" train of thought. We know taking a life is worse than doing 40 in a 25 mph zone. However, the reality is, we're still braking a law and if we consider ourselves "law abiding" citizens we should abide by ALL laws - not just the really big ones. Right? Some excuse their sins by following the same principles that allow them to speed but not murder. Too bad it doesn't work like that.
    Anonymous

• Anon 12:46 here. Just wanted to qualify I'm not the ANON trying to defend my own sins by the distinction of "willful" vs other.

To abuse my own example, I *know* I'm not supposed to speed...it doesn't help my lead foot not do it each time the traffic picks up though. I'd point out to the other anon that the Bible also advises us *not* be sit in judgment of others but such distinctions as she makes does just that.
    Anonymous

• I'm a sinner. We're all sinners. I don't have a problem with another sinner unless it directly affects me or my family ;-)
    Anonymous

• No religion equals no sin, therefore I am only responsible for my own actions. I don't ask for forgiveness nor do I give it, what good would that do? If you are religious only God can forgive sin so ...you only really have to be able to live with yourself and some people can do that despite the amount of "sin" they choose in their lives. Who am I to decide or interpret what sin is? Even the bible is only one book in a zillion, how does that define sin for billions of others that do not define sin in the same terms? Sin, hmmmm...It's all about personal choice and responsibility for our own actions. Good and evil, yin yang, right and wrong, these things are constants.I choose who I am around , like I would'nt hang out with predators, just my choice...
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Do not have any problem with any sinner.

Answer by older at 1:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• It is a question of sinning and repenting, or sinning and not caring and continuing to live your life in sin. I don't treat anyone with disrespect about it, but here are two things:
    1-if they are unbelievers, we can't do much unless they want to live a pure life and turn to God and Jesus... you can disagree, but don't expect them to change
    2-if they are your brother/sister in christ, you need to hold the accountable for their sins. Bring it to them in private, make them aware, if they don't repent, take it to the church body, and if they still are unwilling, they should leave the church because obviously they care more about THEMSELVES than God and don't belong in his family.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2010