i went from blonde to black...

and when i dyed my hair black...it seemed to wash out a little to where some of the hair washed out and ended up brown, so i got some black hair with brown spots!

if i dyed it black again, will it hold this time? and wont wash out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can re-color it, but it will continue to lighten or what pro's call "lift". Since your hair is already blonde it has lifted as much as it can. When you color the dark shades over it, it just sticks to it "deposits" color. Even if you went pro on this, it would still lighted up. It just wouldnt do it so fast. You probably need a filler on your hair to hold the color better. Never put dark over light. It's ashy and turns brownish-green most of the time with box color. It's very risky.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• What are you using? Also, if you decide black is not your cup of tea...it will very costly to take it back to blonde, and will need to be done professionally:) Black is the ONLY true "dye", so it can play hell on getting it 'out'.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i just use the cheap kind cause whatever black i use, its gonna turn black i figure
    Anonymous

• im gonna leave it black
    Anonymous

• yes, you can redye it.

it's kind of like if I were to try to go blond, I'd have to bleach my extremely dark hair twice to get to blond. Same thing with black if you're a blond.
    Anonymous